Fall Student Highlights
- UIS senior Melissa Van was honored with the on November 16 at the Old State Capitol in Springfield. Van is majoring in business administration with a concentration in marketing and minoring in management.
- More than on Halloween night. The majority of the food, 14,779 pounds, will be donated to Central Illinois Foodbank, while 1,000 pounds will go to the on campus UIS Cares STARS Food Pantry.
- In Fall 2019, Brookens Library launched a new peer research team Students Promoting Academic Research Knowledge (SPARK). UIS students Dawson Daffron, Garrett Nimmo, Samone Patterson and Campbell Spurlock help provide research assistance and promote library services, including a weekly “How to Tuesday” feature on the library blog, and planning events like “S’more Information” and “Flannel Friday” so students can become more comfortable with the research process. Watch for additional SPARK services and activities throughout spring 2020.
- Five Criminology and Criminal Justice students were inducted into the Alpha Phi Sigma National Criminal Justice Honor Society: Anley Gerdes, Kyrianna Johnston, Logan Tapscott, Joseph King and Tyler Lackland.
- The Pre-Law Center sponsored a trip to the UIUC Law School fair in early October. UIS students were able to speak with representatives from more than 100 law schools to help them decide which law school would be the best fit for them.
UIS faculty are known for world-class teaching色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站. The dedicated and highly talented faculty offer personal attention to students pursuing their education on-campus and online. Our faculty are continuously engaged in improving their curriculum to ensure academic quality.
色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站 are offered by four academic colleges.
The AACSB accredited UIS College of Business and Management’s mission is to prepare students for successful business related careers in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors.
The College of Education and Human Services色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站 prepares students for careers as social workers, teachers, counselors, administrators, researchers, gerontologists, and public professionals.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences aspires to teach students in a transformative environment that stimulates engagement with ideas, each other, and the world.
The College of Public Affairs and Administration offers effective public affairs education, significant public affairs scholarship, and active service to the community to improve government and public policy in Illinois, the nation, and the world.
UIS’ Capital Scholars Honors Program (CAP) provides a challenging, interdisciplinary educational experience where well-qualified, motivated students gain understanding and leadership skills to engage the world. The program features interdisciplinary and collaborative learning and is designed to develop student talents through small classes that encourage lively exchange between students and professors. Students learn actively, applying their skills to real community concerns. Problem solving and research skills are emphasized throughout the program.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站Opportunities abound for UIS undergraduate and graduate students to actively engage in the process of discovery in and out of the classroom.
Undergraduate students benefit from academically-sponsored learning experiences that offer career exploration, development of skills and experience that can be added to a resume, networking opportunities with professionals in the field, and an increased awareness of community, diversity, and public affairs.
Graduate students may pursue internship opportunities through the Graduate Public Service Intern (GPSI) Program, Illinois Legislative Staff Intern Program (ILSIP), and Public Affairs Reporting Program. On-campus graduate assistantships色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站 offer opportunities to develop and apply skills across a broad spectrum of programs at UIS.
Study Away Programs
Students learn about themselves and others’ distinct cultural perspectives, develop lifelong friends from other backgrounds, expand their ability to adapt to diverse situations and problem solve through a study away experience.
UIS study abroad opportunities色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站 include short-term programs in Japan, The Gambia, Taiwan, Thailand, Rome/Malta, Brazil, and Cuba. Full-semester or year-long exchange program are also offered in Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, China, France, Korea, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Spain, and Mexico. We can help students study almost anywhere through our membership in the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP).
UIS enhances students’ educational experience and encourages their success and professional development by providing support for student research. Undergraduate and graduate students may choose to present a short oral presentation, a poster presentation, art exhibition, or performance of their work at the annual Student Technology, Arts, & Research Symposium (STARS). UIS also provides students with research opportunities through the Undergraduate Research Support Program.
At UIS, faculty scholarship and teaching are realized as mutually enlivening and enriching activities. We value the scholarship of discovery, integration, application, and teaching as exciting and motivating forces in the lives of our teacher-scholars. View a list of faculty research and scholarship interests
Students learn and lead by serving through the UIS Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center.色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站 The Center fosters a life-long commitment to community within all UIS students, faculty, and staff, through its mission to link the UIS community to service and civic engagement opportunities in central Illinois and beyond.
Center for Academic Success & Advising (CASA)
The Center for Academic Success and Advising is a one-stop academic support shop for students.
The Learning Hub色姑娘综合网久久一个色综合亚洲色综合久久偷拍国产在线视频色姑娘综合站 offers free academic support services to currently enrolled UIS students. Students have access to face-to-face and online peer tutoring in writing, math, accounting, economics, science, and academic skills.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
ITS is the first point of contact for technology support, regardless of device, platform, or operating system. Answers to technology issues and questions are just a phone call, text, live chat, or walk-in visit away for enrolled students, faculty, and staff. Read more about the wide range of ITS resources and services available to support student, faculty, and staff success at UIS.
helps students access and make sense of the world of information. Information literacy is an important life skill, and students who master this skill are more likely to succeed not only in college, but also in their professional lives. Students find spaces for both collaborative work and quiet study in the library, which maintains a physical and virtual presence that is open, inviting, and inspiring to in-person and online users.
The UIS Career Development Center is a primary resource for helping students make connections and prepare for a successful future. The Career Center partners with students to develop tailored, realistic career strategies; inspires students to make informed decisions and to enhance employability skills; and teaches students to create meaningful opportunities to obtain real-world experience in order to prepare for the workforce transition.
- Apply today! Earn a U of I degree in small classes taught by professors who know your name.
- View the UIS Catalog
- Read about scholarships and other financial assistance. Nearly 70 percent of all students receive financial aid through scholarships, grants, loans, and/or student employment.